Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tomorrow is Officially a Big Day!

Well, with all the meetings leading to further meetings, I feel like tomorrow is the "real" start of my work here.  After sending a written copy of my proposal to Dr. Vilc following yesterday's meeting, she circled back to present it to Drs. Iavorschi and Ustian and they all decided that they could offer me help immediately.  So, tomorrow I will have my first day at the Municipal City TB Hospital!  I am going to guess that it will begin with an introduction to other members of the University teams... and maybe some rounding from there.  Who knows?  I'm just excited to get started.

I also will meet two of my advisors, Drs. Cetulean and Cebotarenco, for the first time tomorrow at 2:00pm (also at the Municipal City TB Hospital.)  Hopefully I will leave tomorrow with a better idea of my daily schedule going forward, because...

I have also tracked down a language tutor.  His name is Alexei Acsan, and he is quite the lively instructor!  After talking to him for a bit in Romanian, he told me that he would be able to take me to fluency within 3 months.  Our first lesson is tomorrow at 5:30pm... I'll keep you posted!  I'm off to iron a shirt :^)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, Brian... tomorrow is Thursday and then Friday. I don't know how Moldovans are, but you know Romanians don't start enything at the end of the week...!!!

    ReplyDelete